Saturday, May 28, 2011

These words ain't cheap

The thought of condensing the past week into a few paragraphs just doesn't seem right. I need to write a novel. Perchance I need a camera crew following me around 24/7 filming my every move. Perhaps a video diary. Better yet, some papa-paparazzi. Let's just T5 this bad boy:

T5 loves:
1) I love me a good reunion. Especially one that is extremely overdue. I get giggly and excited just thinking about doing life with these silly bananas this summer.
2) Granola and punch. There's a reason I'm back to work camp this summer. Scratch that. There are two reasons why I'm coming back to work camp this summer. First of all, I don't remember life prior to eating the granola at camp. Okay I do, but life is now sweeter because I have. I don't know if it's the fact that everything I eat there tastes like manna (I've never actually eaten manna but my guess is that it was the best thing ever- I mean come on, it was food God-sent from heaven), or that I'm just overly dramatic while eating it, but it is delish. The punch- I'm literally acting like a giddy school girl right now just thinking about it. It tastes like melted pink popice. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. It is a delight. I need a punch dispenser in my house. Too much? Probably.
3) I love getting poured into every single day. It's like a bear hug for the soul.
4) Dressing like I'm a rock climbing, ballin, athletic, marathon running, 80's workout instructor. Don't worry, I am none of those things. I'm just a poser.
5) The comfort of sleeping like a little baby.

T5 learnings:
1) It is hard, painful, frustrating, and annoying to learn how to be selfless over and over. Story of my young existence. I had a terrible attitude about learning it again all week long. But y'all, there is so much joy and satisfaction when life is not about myself. I forgot that this semester. It's due time to remember.
2) Texas is hot. Now, I knew this. Really I did. But being back just reminded me of this fact.
3) Working hard for the Lord and nothing else is such a blessing. It is so good for thinking and the my heart.
4) What I learn at camp is not about camp. It's just the place that I learn it. Every good thing comes from THE LORD. I love that. And embarrassingly enough I get that confused sometimes and like to pin it to camp.
5) There is reason and purpose behind everything. We are part of such a big, blessed, production. THE production. It's mind boggling.


People. The Lord is GOOD. Praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment